Quetta videos scandal:
authorities fail to recover
two missing girls, mother

0
39

QUETTA: Authorities have failed to recover the two missing girls in obscene videos scandal involving Hidayat Khilji, whereas, the mother of the victim girls has suspiciously vanished from the scene, on Sunday.

Balochistan authorities have expedited efforts to recover the missing girls who appeared in the obscene videos following the orders of Chief Minister Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo. However, the recovery of the missing girls was not yet made.

QUETTA: Members of civil society protest in Quetta against recent incidents of girls being blackmailed and filmed.

According to the home minister, the authorities were contacting Afghan officials for the recovery of both girls. Police said that the mother of the victim girls has also vanished from the scene.

Police said that the first complaint regarding the disappearance of the girls had been registered by their mother.

To review the progress on the investigation into the obscene videos scandal, Balochistan Home Minister Mir Ziaullah Langau will chair a high-level session today.

Hidayat Khilji – alleged accused

On Saturday, Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo had ordered the concerned authorities for early recovery of the abducted women and arrests of all culprits in the obscene videos scandal involving Hidayat Khilji

Balochistan CM Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo had directed police forces to use all available resources for the recovery of abducted women and culprits involved in the obscene videos scandal.

He had said that the culprits dont deserve any pardon who are involved in disrespecting and victimising the women. He had also assured the victimsfamilies of full support from the government.

A manhunt had been launched to arrest a third suspectafter the registration of a new complaint by another woman. Moreover, the videos were sent to a forensic lab in Lahore as the police forces were waiting for a report on their authenticity.

The arrest of Hidayat Khilji was reported on December 3 after police claimed to have arrested the head of a gang involved in blackmailing girls after raping and filming their obscene videos.

Police had claimed that the accused raped the girls after luring them into the trap by offering jobs. They revealed that the girls were intoxicated by the accused before raping them.

A third suspect came to light as a second first information report (FIR) was registered on the complaint of another girl in a case related to the filming, raping and blackmailing of girls in Quetta, police revealed on Friday.

Police officials had confirmed on Thursday that two brothers, Hidayat Khilji and Khalil  Khilji, were arrested and being investigated for their alleged actions against two sisters, who are missing and police believe they have been abducted. Quaidabad police had registered an FIR against the two brothers on the complaint of the girls’ mother.

According to new development, both sisters have been sent to Afghanistan and Quetta Police are making efforts to bring them back. Furthermore, their mothing is missing and now police are also searching her.

Quaidabad Superintendent of Police (SP) Irtaza Qumail told Dawn.com on Friday that interrogation of the two suspects continued and they were on 14-day physical remand with the police. Today, he said a third girl had come forward with complaints against the two suspects and a third individual.

SP Qumail said raids were underway to arrest the third suspect and a letter had also been written to the Federal Investigation Agency’s Cyber Crime Wing for help in the matter.

The second FIR was registered at Quaidabad police station on the complaint of N* under Sections 354-A (stripping woman of her clothes), 376 (punishment for rape), 376-A (disclosure of identity of victim of rape), 496-A (enticing or taking away a woman), 503 (criminal intimidation) and 506-B (punishment for criminal intimidation) of the Pakistan Penal Code.