Danyal jailed for
life for the murder
of two sisters

Danyal Hussein

LONDON: Danyal Hussein has been jailed for life for the murder of sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman. He appeared at the Old Bailey on Thursday, 28 October where he was sentenced to life imprisonment to serve a minimum of 35 years.

According a report from Met, Hussein, 19, of Guy Barnett Grove, Eltham was found guilty of murder on Monday, 5 July following a four-week trial.

Detective Inspector Maria Green, from the Specialist Crime Command, said: “Danyal Hussein is a dangerous, arrogant and violent individual who from the outset has shown no remorse or acceptance of his actions.

“The sentence handed down by the court today is a reflection of the seriousness of his crimes. I hope that knowing he will now spend many years behind bars will bring a small degree of comfort to Bibaa and Nicole’s loved ones.

“This has been a shocking and chilling case and I know the investigation will stay with all of those involved for a long time to come. “Hussein went out that night with the intention of killing in order to satisfy his bizarre fantasies under the deluded belief he would be rewarded with financial prosperity. His wicked acts have cut short the lives of two completely innocent women who were simply celebrating a birthday.

“The senselessness of Hussein’s actions has made it all the more difficult for Bibaa and Nicole’s loved ones to come to terms with their loss. Despite this, throughout our investigation and the subsequent trial, they have shown the utmost dignity and strength in the most unimaginable of circumstances. “My thoughts and those of my colleagues are always with them.”

At his trial, the jury heard that Hussein drew up an agreement with a “demon” to sacrifice women in exchange for a lottery win. He created a handwritten plan, signed in his own blood, in which he pledged to murder six women every six months, in return requesting financial reward.

Bibaa Henry (left) and Nicole Smallman

In the early hours of Saturday, 6 June 2020, he made good on his pact, killing complete strangers Bibaa and Nicole in a pre-meditated attack that officers believe saw him observe them for some time before stabbing them to death in Fryent Country Park, Wembley.

Their bodies were discovered on Sunday, 7 June and a murder investigation was launched. Hussein was subsequently identified and arrested on Wednesday, 1 July. He was charged later the same day.