4 security personnel killed,
19 injured in suicide attack


QUETTA: At least four security personnel were killed and 19 people were injured Sunday morning when a suicide bomb blast took place at an FC check-post located at Mastung Road.

The Balochistan Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) confirmed the suicide attack had targeted the Sohana Khan FC check-post at Mastung Road. 

According to details, the security personnel have arrived at the scene and launched a rescue operation to shift the victims to the hospital for medical assistance.

Motorcycle destroyed in suicide blast

Therefore, an emergency has been imposed in all the hospitals of Quetta. Police officers have also cordoned off the entire area.

The suicide attack took place near a Frontier Corps (FC) checkpost on Mastung Road in Quetta, Deputy Inspector General of Quetta police Azhar Akram confirmed.

A suicide bomber on a motorcycle packed with six kilogrammes of explosives rammed one of the vehicles in an FC convoy, Akram was quoted as saying. The banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for the attack.

QUETTA: A view of closed markets observed at all parties call strike against suicide blast.

Prime Minister Imran Khan condemned the attack, saying in a tweet: “My condolences go to the families of the martyrs & prayers for the recovery of the injured. Salute our security forces & their sacrifices to keep us safe by thwarting foreign-backed terrorists’ designs.”

Condemning the attack and offering condolences to the families of those martyred, Minister for Human Rights Shireen Mazari said the “brave security forces continue to thwart the designs of terrorists [especially] the RAW- (Indian intelligence agency) funded TTP.”

The aerial view of place where suicide attack took place on Sunday and 4 people killed while 19 injured.

Balochistan Home Minister Mir Ziaullah Langove too strongly condemned the attack and asked authorities to submit a report in this regard.

“Security forces have given countless sacrifices in the war against terrorism,” he said, adding that the war would continue until total peace was achieved.

“The whole nation is indebted to the martyrs. We are fighting the terrorists with our full strength and will continue to do so. These violent attacks will not lower the morale of the forces,” he stressed.

The aerial view of place where suicide attack took place on Sunday and 4 people killed while 19 injured.

The attack comes less than two weeks after three Levies personnel were martyred and as many injured when their vehicle hit a landmine in the province’s Ziarat district.

Earlier that week, a Pakistan Army captain was martyred and two soldiers injured when their vehicle hit an improvised explosive device (IED) planted by terrorists in the Gichik area.

There has been an uptick in violence in the province, with several incidents of terrorism reported this year, targeting both civilians as well as security forces.