LONDON: The Prince of Wales, who tested positive for coronavirus last week after developing mild symptoms, is now out of self-isolation, Clarence House has said.
Charles, 71, had developed mild symptoms of Covid-19 and self-isolated at his Scottish home of Birkhall for seven days after receiving the positive test result last Tuesday.
The Duchess of Cornwall, 72, who is also at Birkhall, in Aberdeenshire, tested negative for the virus and remains in self-isolation until the end of the week, observing the advice to separate for 14 days.
A Clarence House spokesman said: “Clarence House has confirmed today that, having consulted with his doctor, the Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation.”
Prince Charles has delivered a message of hope to the nation during the coronavirus crisis, praising the “remarkable NHS” as its staff “battle heroically to save lives”. The Duke of Cornwall was making his first appearance since coming out of self-isolation after his own diagnosis with COVID-19, the disease caused by the Coronavirus.
He spoke in a recorded video message in support of the charity Age UK which he represents as patron. Prince Charles told the nation it was a “strange, frustrating and often distressing experience” when people were separated from loved ones.
In his video message, posted on royal websites and social media, Charles continued: “As a nation, we are faced by a profoundly challenging situation, which we are only too aware threatens the livelihoods, businesses and welfare of millions of our fellow citizens.
“None of us can say when this will end, but end it will. Until it does, let us all try and live with hope and, with faith in ourselves and each other, look forward to better times to come.” The footage was recorded by staff at Birkhall, the prince’s home in Scotland, on Tuesday.