RAWALPINDI: A number of important promotions, appointments and transfers in Pak Army were made and announced on Monday.
The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) announced these decisions according to which Lieutenant General Sahir Shamshad Mirza has been appointed Chief of General Staff.
Two major generals have been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Generals.
Major General Muhammad Saeed has also been promoted to the rank of Lt General and appointed as the president of the National Defence University
Following postings and appointments have been made:
- Lieutenant General Nadeem Zaki Manj appointed Director General Strategic Plans Division Force
- Lieutenant General Muhammad Amir Awan appointed Adjutant General
- Lieutenant General Shaheen Mazhar Mehmood appointed Commander Mangla Corps
- Lieutenant General Nauman Mahmood appointed Commander Peshawar Corps
- Lieutenant General Ali Amir Awan appointed Inspector General Communications & Information Technology (IG C&IT)
On Nov 21, the Prime Minister House announced that Prime Minister Imran Khan appointed Lieutenant General Nadeem Raza as the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee with effect from November 27.
LT Gen Nadeem Raza has earlier served as the Commandant of the Pakistan Military Academy (PMA) Kakul and Corps Commander Rawalpindi.