MULTAN: Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi made startling claim on Sunday that ‘reliable intelligence’ showed Delhi was planning military action against Pakistan in the third week of April and added that Pakistan had told the five permanent members of the UN Security Council of its concerns.
“Preparations are being made, and there are chances of another attack against Pakistan. According to our information, the action could be taken between April 16-20,” Qureshi said addressing a press conference at in Multan.
“A new mishap could be staged in Indian occupied Kashmir, just like Pulwama [attack]. And its purpose will be to justify their [India’s] offensive against Pakistan and to increase diplomatic pressure against Islamabad.”
Qureshi did not reveal what evidence had been obtained, but said Prime Minister Imran Khan had agreed to share the information with the country. He called on the international community to take note and reprimand India for its misconduct. “I am speaking responsibly, I hold a position of responsibility, and I know the words I utter will be picked up by the international media,” he said adding;”We want the international community to take notice of this irresponsible behavior and reprimand them [India] for taking this route.”
“If it [action by India] happens, you can imagine the impact of the occurrence on the peace and stability of the region,” warned Qureshi on Sunday.
He said that Pakistan has already briefed the United Nations Security Council’s P5 [permanent five member countries] over the issue and stated Pakistan’s apprehensions. “We want the international community to take notice of this irresponsible behaviour and reprimand them [India] for taking this route,” he said.