NEW DELHI: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Tuesday said that total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases has reached 137.
As per Ministry figures, the highest number of cases are from Maharashtra, Kerala and Karnataka.
Notably, a couple of states such as Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, and Haryana have shut down schools and colleges in order to contain the spread of the deadly virus.
Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on Monday issued guidelines and advised to maintain a distance of at least one meter between the two people to combat the spread of coronavirus.
In the wake of spurt in cases of coronavirus across the country, the Central Government on Saturday decided to treat the deadly virus as a “notified disaster”.
Coronavirus, which originated in China’s Wuhan city in December last year, has so far spread to more than 100 countries, infecting over 1,30,000 people. The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared coronavirus a pandemic.
With the number of positive COVID-19 cases climbing in India, public monuments including Qutub Minar and Red Fort in the national capital are being shut till the end of this month as a precautionary measure.
According to official data, Delhi has so far reported eight positive cases of novel coronavirus including one person who died of the infection.
Union Tourism Minister Prahlad Patel had on Monday said all national monuments and museums under the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) will remain closed till March 31.
The ASI said that all its ticketed monuments along with museums under it will remain closed till the end of this month and has cancelled all permissions given for filming, photography and cultural events within its premises
Till Tuesday, 126 people tested positive for COVID -19, including 22 are foreigners. Three people have died of the infection and 33 people discharged so far. (ANI)