RAWALPINDI: Five Lt Generals in Pakistan Army transferred and appointed on various posts today (Tuesday 23rd April). Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) furnished the details in a formal announcement.
- Lieutenant General Faiz Hameed has been appointed Adjutant General of Pakistan Army at the General Headquarters (GHQ).
- Lieutenant General Azhar Abbas has been named Director General of Joint Staff.
- Lieutenant General Nauman Mahmood has been appointed Inspector General, Communications and IT (IG-C&IT).
- Lieutenant General Sahir Shamshad Mirza will continue as vice chief of general staff.
- Lieutenant General Adnan has been appointed commander Bahawalpur Corps.
Those promoted include Vice Chief of General Staff at the GHQ Major General Sahir Shamshad Mirza, Director General Analysis at the Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) Major General Nauman Mahmood, Commandant School of Infantry and Tactics, Quetta, Major General Azhar Abbas and Director General Counter Intelligence at the ISI Major General Faiz Hameed.
It is pertinent to mention that first four Army officers were promoted from Major General to Lt. General rank on February 12th April this year and assigned new responsibilities today.
Furthermore, ISPR announced just three days before (on Friday19th April) that Lieutenant General Javed Mahmood Bukhari, a three star officer of the Pakistan Army, has been appointed Commander Bahawalpur Corps. But his name was not mentioned in latest announcement and nothing has been further said about him.
It was stated that Gen Bukhari was previously posted as Quarter Master General at the General Headquarters. He has replaced Lt Gen Sher Afgun in Bahawalpur Corps. Gen Afgun has been posted as Inspector General Arms at GHQ.
The post of IG arms has been vacant since the transfer of Lt Gen Asim Bajwa as commander southern command.
The XXXI Corps is a corps of the Pakistan Army, commonly referred to as 31 Corps. It forms a major part of the Pakistan Army, with its headquarters located in Bahawalpur, Punjab Province.