PESHAWAR: A Taliban spokesman denied on Sunday accusations by a Canadian man that one of his children had been murdered and his wife raped while they were being held captive by Taliban who kidnapped them in Afghanistan in 2012.
Joshua Boyle and his American wife, Caitlan Coleman, were held by Taliban before being rescued by Pakistani troops in northwest Pakistan, near the Afghan border, last week. Boyle told reporters soon after he, his wife and their three children returned to Canada on Friday that their captors had murdered a fourth child had raped his wife. Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid rejected that as propaganda by the Western governments that helped rescue the family. “We strongly reject these fake and fabricated allegations of this Canadian family, now in the hands of the enemy,” he said in a statement sent to media.
“Whatever statement the enemy wants to put in their mouth, the family is forced to make it.”
called on the Taliban to “provide my family with the justice we deserve”. Mujahid said the couple was intentionally never separated in order to protect their safety. He also denied that their child had been murdered, but acknowledged that one child became sick and died. “We were in a remote areas without access to a doctor and medications that led the loss of the child,” he said.
Three children, all born in captivity, were rescued along with Boyle and Coleman. Joshua Boyle and his American wife, Caitlan Coleman were given enough facilities during the captivity that they produced three kids in ordeal.
Trump thanks Pakistan
US President Donald Trump, has thanked the Pakistani government after the Pakistan Army recovered a Canadian family that had been held hostage by the Afghan Taliban. “Today they are free. This is a positive moment for our country’s relationship with Pakistan. The Pakistani government’s cooperation is a sign that it is honoring America’s wishes for it to do more to provide security in the region. We hope to see this type of cooperation and teamwork in helping secure the release of remaining hostages and in our future joint counterterrorism operations,” said Donald Trump, in a statement released by White House.